Thursday, September 26, 2013

Batman Returns (1992)



I was a little hesitant to watch this after watching the first Batman from 1989; which I gave 5/10. It has just become outdated with The Dark Knight releases. But much to my delight, I was pleasantly surprised. Daniel Waters serves up a hilariously awesome screenplay blotted with a surprising amount of straight foreword adult humor. The characters are all fun. Mix that in with Tim Burton's always unique sets, and this feature turns out to be a real treat. Danny Elfman provides the soundtrack which I had mixed feelings about this time. The theme and the intense parts felt right, but some of the scenes seemed like he was fumbling with the instruments... experimenting might be a better word. Regardless, great flick!

9/10

VERDICT: DEF WORTH A WATCH!


Batman Returns (1992) on IMDb

No comments:

Post a Comment