Monday, March 4, 2013

500 Days Of Summer (2009)

So I've been unsure whether or not I wanted to include sub par movies in this blog, but after seeing that this is ranked 7.8 and in the top 500 at IMDB I had to write my thoughts. When Regina Spektor's 'Us' came on as the introduction song I immediately had higher hopes for what I initially had thought would be an ok flick. The film uses an interesting way of telling the story by jumping back and forth to random events throughout a 500 day long relationship of our two main characters. I had some laughs in the first thirty or forty minutes; the Disney shout out was hilarious. About two thirds in I realized how bored I had become. The characters were just off. It's easy to see that Summer and Tom are not right for each other, I get that this is the point of the story, but who really wants to watch that? This movie is just like any bad relationship, fun in the beginning, then drags to a boring end.

5/10


VERDICT: WATCH IF YOU DARE!


(500) Days of Summer (2009) on IMDb

No comments:

Post a Comment